How To Always Achieve Your Goals
Studies have shown that 92% of people do not reach their goals. At the same time however, we’ve got plenty of examples of inspiring people who did manage to make their dreams come true. How is this possible? Overall, it’s the ability to set clear, straightforward goals, and here’s how to do it.
The most effective way to set goals is known as SMART, which helps make your goals more clear, specific, and achievable. There are 5 criteria for this method.
- Specific: Goals should always be specific, so that you can know exactly which actions need to be taken.
- Measurable: Set a number when making a goal, such a lose 10 pounds, rather than just lose weight.
- Achievable: It’s always nice to dream big, but it’s not helpful to set goals that you won’t be able to achieve. Make sure your goals are realistic.
- Relevant: It’s important also that your goals match up with your expectations and plans. By making your priorities as they should be, you are increasing your chance of reaching your goal.
- Time-bound: Your goals should have clearly set time limits to them.
Another useful psychological method is goal setting, it’s used to get patients to make tough decisions by answering 5 questions.
- What do I want to get?
- How am I going to get it?
- When am I going to get it?
- What can help me get it?
- What will happen when I reach the goal?