Olympians To Inspire You
The 2018 Winter Olympics are just around the corner, but the spirit, rivalry, and sportsmanship is already underway! This year’s games will be held in PyeongChang, South Korea, and are set to begin on Friday, February 9th, 2018.
Popular events during the Winter games include figure skating, skiing and snowboarding, bobsledding, and so much more. To get the good vibes started ahead of the opening ceremony, here are some of the most inspirational quotes from your favorite Olympians over the years.
1. “Failure I can live with. Not trying is what I can’t handle.” – Sanya Richards-Ross
2. “I don’t run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet.” – Nadia Comaneci
3. “I am building a fire, and every day I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.” – Mia Hamm
4. “Don’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the further you get.” – Michael Phelps
5. “Focus, discipline, hard work, goal setting and, of course, the thrill of finally achieving your goals. These are all lessons in life.” – Kristi Yamaguchi
6. “To uncover your true potential you must first find your own limits, and then you have to have the courage to blow past them.” – Picabo Street
7. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammad Ali
8. “I don’t think you’re human if you don’t get nervous.” – Sidney Crosby
9. “If you don’t have confidence you’ll always find a way not to win.” – Carl Lewis
10. “Nothing can substitute for just plain hard work.” – Andre Agassi