Recipe: Easy Stovetop Mac & Cheese
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
2. In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour, and cook for 3-5 minutes to form a roux; add salt and pepper; slowly add milk, stirring well after each addition.
3. Cook and stir until bubbly.
4. Stir in cheese a small amount at a time until fully melted.
5. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce; stir to coat.