Recipe: The Sweetest Blueberry Muffins
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, at room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, mixed with
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Heat oven to 375°.
2. Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups (or 12 large size muffins).
3. In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
5. Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
6. With spoon, fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat.
7. Fold in blueberries.
8. Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle topping onto each muffin.
9. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.
Recipe via Genius Kitchen