Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowls
We’re almost positive that you’ve never sweet potatoes like this before. If you like oatmeal, then you will surely go crazy over this unique dish, filled with maple syrup, almond butter and endless possibilities of creative toppings.
This recipe contains no grains, no dairy and takes only 25 minutes to make, already making it stand out from oatmeal or smoothie bowls.
Here’s how to make it:
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 2 tablespoons of grass-fed ghee
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Optional toppings: Sliced fruit, hemp hearts, toasted coconut flakes, vanilla bean, ground cinnamon, honey, almond butter, coconut oil, cocoa powder
- Put the chopped sweet potatoes in a pot with water and cover it. Bring the pot to a boil over medium heat. Let it cook until very soft, for around 20 minutes.
- Strain the water from the sweet potatoes, and with a fork mash them until smooth. Mix in the ghee and maple syrup. Divide the mixture between two bowls. Top it off with your desired toppings. Enjoy it either chilled or hot.